Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We now have a Driveway

Things really seem to be moving compared to what has been going on the last couple of weeks. Yesterday they came and excavated our drive and put down the large stones. So we now have a drive going back to where our house will be built.





This afternoon we are closing on the construction loan at the title company. Finally. It will be a relief to have that behind us. The builder came by this morning to look at the windows that we wanted. I gave him the style and the color and he was going to get them ordered. He also has gotten the building permit and had me make a copy of that to give to the bank.

Just got a call from the window people we had solid steel door picked out for the basement he wanted to know if we wanted to upgrade to a single glass door. It would cost an additional $150.00 I went ahead and did it. While I had him on the phone I asked about the window style that we have picked out. We are having grilles put in the upper half of the double hung windows and were wanting to have them at a 40/60 division rather than 50/50. He called back and said it would cost an additional $1,300.00 to $1,800.00 to make that change. I have a feeling we will be going with the standard 50/50, but I will check it over w/ my wife and get back with the window guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment