Thursday, March 25, 2010

Roughed in bathroom

Went out to the home-site last night to see if anything got done yesterday. Looks like they got the bathroom in the basement roughed in. Actually I don't know for sure that it is the bathroom. It looks like it is the sump pump and ejector pump for the septic system. At any rate the plumber was out and did his thing yesterday. I know that it seems that my builder had told me that it may have to be inspected by the county at this point before continuing. Here are pictures of the plumbing that was put in yesterday.





Last night I also continued planting the pine trees I had gotten. If anyone is looking at planting several pine trees for privacy or wind/snow break I suggest contacting your state's department of forestry. I have 680 feet of open property line that I am trying to plant a wind break on. Plus I will be planting them along the drive. I don't want to plant them until I am sure that they won't be run over. So over the last two nights my father-in-law and I have planted about 100 pine trees. Now I only have 100 left. As I mentioned before I highly recommend getting trees from one of your state's nurseries, it is much cheaper than buying them retail. My 200 trees are 3 year old white pines and I paid about $121.00 for all of them. Here I am planting the trees.




New stone was also put down on the drive. I thought they were going to try to wait until after the concrete floors had been poured, but I think it had gotten so bad they couldn't wait. I just hope that when the next concrete trucks come it doesn't look like it did 2 days ago. It is still pretty rutted up even with the new stone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment