Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Basement is dug

On Saturday last week the basement people had a couple of guys out to dig the basement. This was pretty exciting since it was kind of the official ground breaking on the house. It looked like they pretty well had it done by the afternoon. Here they are digging the basement.



Yesterday my contractor stopped by to let me know what was going on and ask a couple of questions. He said that he was hoping that the basement crew would have the footers and basement poured by the end of the week. Also, hoping the concrete crew would get the garage slab poured this week or early next week. He said once these were complete the framing crew could get started.

He wanted to check to see if since half of the basement was going to be exposed if we wanted to add a 4x4 window in the basement. I asked to see what additional cost that would be, he said between $400.00 and $450.00. I think we are going to go ahead and do that. So far we are about 3 days into the ground breaking and $600.00 over budget. In my mind I will have to find a way to save $600.00 now. I would like to see how close to on budget we can get this house built for.

No comments:

Post a Comment