Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Contract

Yesterday I faxed copy of our new contract to the bank. It has the corrected amount on it so it matches what the loan value is. As it turned out the banker did find the bank statements that I had faxed to her, so I did not have to refax those.

Today I talked to our accountant about the federal tax credit for existing home owners buying a new house. As of today we should qualify for that. In the updated tax codes it stated that if you have owned your current house for 5 years and will have a binding contract by April 30th 2010 then you can claim the tax credit. That is great news, we should get $6500.00 back from the government next year. Our accountant did tell us that this could be subject to change though. So right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment